Wednesday 18 September 2013

Britney Spears talks Vegas, new album, Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake

Britney Spears has spoken about her new Las Vegas residency, Miley Cyrus's MTV Video Music Awards performance and Justin Timberlake.

The singer will start a two-year residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on December 27 titled 'Piece of Me', with tickets going on sale from September 20.

Britney Spears promotional image
Britney Spears


"I love Vegas," Spears told Good Morning America. "The energy is really good. I'm going to do my greatest hits, but I'm going to have to put some of my new material in to keep it fresh."

Asked if she was prepared for the stint, Spears replied: "I'm definitely ready. I sometimes have training for five hours a day."

The star also revealed that 'Toxic' is her favourite single, before being asked about Miley Cyrus's recent performance at the MTV Video Music Awards.

"I think anytime you do a performance that's that memorable you'll get criticism," Spears said. "I think she's doing her thing and being herself so I give props to her."

Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Las Vegas show.


Spears explained that her new album will deal with her recent break-up from Jason Trawick, adding: "They suck - break-ups suck, man."

During a quick-fire question round, the performer confessed that she had her first kiss aged 13, which was with Justin Timberlake.

Talking about her early career hopes, she added: "When I first started out all I wanted to do was make enough money to buy a house in Louisiana and have kids."

Spears premiered her new single 'Work Bitch' over the weekend, which has since climbed iTunes charts across the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment